Version. 1.0. March 2020, Leiden
Touchscreen behaviour and brain functions across the lifespan
Location. Cognitive Psychology Unit, Leiden University
About the study
This study uses methods from behavioural sciences. It attempts to understand how smartphone behaviour fluctuates across the life span – as we undergo normal aging.
Estimation of your time investment
Online experiments: 15 minutes per month for 3 years. Background smartphone App: 10 min to install, and launch the App every few days to ensure it is still working. EEG experiments [optional]: 4 hours per year for 3 years.
What you are expected to do
In this study, you commit to installing a behaviour tracking App on your smartphone (you may additionally install the App on your tablet) for the period of the study (3 years). You commit to keeping the research team informed if you are unable to fulfil any of the scheduled or recommended tests (online or in the laboratory).
If you choose to be paid for participation
and if we have explicitly confirmed payment via email,
you will be compensated at the rate of 3.50 EUR per 30 min to a maximum of 80 EUR for online experiments. If you participate in both online and brain (EEG) experiments then the maximum compensation is 170 EUR at the end of the three years. You can annually receive your compensation, however you must provide us with your bank details, full name and address and live in the Netherlands.
Name of the investigator and contact details
Arko Ghosh, Cognitive Psychology Unit. email@example.com
Please read and provide your signature or check mark to the following statement during your registration only if you approve.
- I have read the information letter for the participant.
- I could ask additional questions in person or via email. My questions have been answered adequately. I have had sufficient time to decide whether or not I participate.
- I am aware that participation is entirely voluntary.
- I know that I can decide at any moment not to participate or to stop. I do not need to provide a reason for that.
- When I withdraw, my historical data can still be used as described in the information letter but no further data will be collected by Leiden University.
- My data are processed in a coded way and archived after anonymisation after end of the study.
- My submitted email address is retained for the next three years and I can be contacted regarding this study or the renewal of this study via email.
- The only mode of communication is via email, and I will provide a valid email address.
- I give consent to use my cognitive and behavioural data for the purposes that are mentioned in the information letter.